Welcome to Fruit Juice South Africa
The South African Fruit Juice Association, launched in March 2011, is a voluntary body representing the processing, converting and packaging companies that produce fruit juice, fruit concentrates and fruit cordials for local consumption and the export market.
Key Focus Areas
SAFJA is focussing its immediate attention on:
- Establishing a critical mass of membership out of a potential listing of 110 companies who operate in the 'fruit juice' industry and making it possible for smaller companies to afford membership.
- Introducing the related retailer and packaging sectors into the circle as associate members to achieve the goal of better regulation within the industry.
- Raising the funds needed to finance start-up projects such as the self regulation program.
- Finalising accreditation from a number of stakeholders such as the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Department of Health, Department of Trade and Industries and the Consumer and Competitions Boards.
- Engaging with the Department of Agriculture on improving the standards applicable within the industry.
- Implementing a self regulating program that will introduce checks and balances within the industry.
SAFJA is forming associations with similar bodies in Australia and Europe to learn from their experiences.